TRADE-IN / PAWN OF
ALL CLASSES & TYPES
OF 2ND HAND GOODS IN TERMS OF
SCHEDULE 1 ACT 6/2009 EXCLUDING SCRAPMETAL DEALERS & RECYCLERS.
ALL MEMBERS MUST LOGIN TO THE MEMBERS AREA. MAKE SURE TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH NEW
INFORMATION / DOCUMENTS.
NEW ON THE MEMBERS LOGIN (FOR MEMBERS ONLY)
- SECTION: COMPLIANCE FORMS/REPORTS/INSPECTIONS
SAPS COMPLIANCE INSPECTION AT SHGD’S
SDPB MEMBERS RESPONSIBLE PERSON COMPLIANCE ASSURANCE
SDPB MEMBERS EMPLOYEE COMPLIANCE ASSURANCE
SDPB MEMBER STAFF MEETINGS
- SECTION 5D
SAP 607 VISITATION REGISTER
- SECTION 9B
POSTER CONFISCATION OF POSSIBLE ILLEGAL SUSPECTED STOLEN GOODS
FROM SHGD’S DEALER PREMISES – TO BE DOWNLOADED BY MEMBERS AND ENLARGED TO A3/A1
AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS
ACQUISITION PAWN AGREEMENTS, QUOTATION / PURCHASE / ACQUISITION AGREEMENTS, LAY-BUY AGREEMENTS, DISPOSAL CASH RECEIPT, DISPOSAL CPA 2ND HAND GOODS CASH SALE, ACQUISITION INVOICES FOR REPAIRS / SERVICES, ACQUISITION & DISPOSAL REGISTER (SAP REGISTER), AUCTION DISPOSAL RECORDS—SELLER INSTRUCTION, AUCTION SALES, ACQUISITION & DISPOSAL RECORD, VEHICLE ACQUISITION & DISPOSAL REGISTER
RECORD SYSTEMS / REGISTERS / AGREEMENTS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND APPROVED BY SAPS NATIONAL
AVAILABLE TO NON-MEMBERS
LAY-BUY AGREEMENTS, DISPOSAL CASH RECEIPT, ACQUISITION INVOICES FOR REPAIRS / SERVICES, ACQUISITION & DISPOSAL REGISTER (SAP REGISTER), AUCTION DISPOSAL RECORDS—SELLER INSTRUCTION, AUCTION SALES, ACQUISITION & DISPOSAL RECORD, VEHICLE ACQUISITION & DISPOSAL REGISTER
WELCOME TO THE SECOND-HAND GOODS TRADE
ACTS APPLICABLE TO THE SECOND-HAND TRADE
- Act on Second-hand Goods
- Act 6/2009
- Consumer Protection Act
- SA Revenue Services
- National Credit Act
- Regional Council Services (where applicable)
- Labour Relations Act
- Criminal Procedure Act
- Common law / LAW of Possession
- LAW of Lien (Pawn)
- Act on cattle burn marks (pawn of live stock)
- Occupational and Safety Act
- General Amendment Act (see 37737)
DEALERS SUBJECT TO THE SECOND-HAND
- Auctioneers / Administrators / Internet Dealers
- General second-hand dealer(pawn excluded)/auctioneer all classes and type of second-hand goods
- General second-hand dealer and pawnbroker / auctioneer
- Second-hand motor vehicle /motorcycle / aircraft / boat / trailers / caravans / spares / other spares and accessories as part of inclusive of pawnbreaker / general dealer / auctioneer
- All classes /types of flea market (second-hand goods)
- Second-hand jewelry (purchase, pawnshop/ selling as part of / included included in normal business activities as pawnbroker / second-hand dealer / auctioneer)
- Agricultural implements including tractors, plough and harvesters or any part or accessory thereof
- Bicycles or any part or accessory thereof
- Household and office equipment
- Factory equipment and machinery or any part or accessory thereof
- Tyres of any vehicle or motorcycle
- Communication equipment or any part or accessory thereof
- Antique goods, art and collectibles
- Sporting equipment
- Valuables and collectibles
- Shop-fitting equipment
The trade in Second-hand Goods, which includes Pawnbroking, Auctioneers, General second-hand dealers, and all other categories, is regulated by various legislations. Most importantly is the Act on Second-hand Goods, Act 6 of 2009 (previously Act 23 of 1955). The above-mentioned Acts are also applicable to the Second-hand trade. In most of the compliance documents, registers, agreements, etc of the S.D.P.B.( approved by SAPS National), requirements of more than one of the applicable Acts are included to comply with legal documents and are available to the members of the S.D.P.B. Correct printed documents, contracts and records are vital to keep you legal and even out of jail. Members of the S.D.P.B. enjoy the benefits of utilizing up-to-date systems/documents.
The S.D.P.B. is an Association that was founded in 1987 to represent the second-hand trade. It has an excellent track record in research and development and represents the trade at various Government departments and Regulatory Institutions. It contributes to legislative processes, training of its members as well as S.A.P.S. members, etc.
The corporate joint experience of its members is more than 50 years and is a huge advantage to the Association. It has its website where registered members can access the database and receive regular updates, news, notifications on all relevant legislation, Regulatory Institution requirements, S.A.P.S. National Instructions and all other training documents, printed books, registers, contracts, and much more.
The new Act, 6 of 2009, makes it compulsory for a Dealer to belong to an Accredited Association to benefit from exemptions applicable to Association members only. This Act came into effect in 2012. Without exemptions, it will be almost impossible to comply with the New Act and its administrative and recording requirements, which can have an impact on turnover targets, cash flow, limited stock purchases, less profit.
CAN YOU RUN OR OPERATE YOUR BUSINESS ON YOUR OWN?, be up to date with amended Laws, Regulations, Technical legal aspects, utilizing correct legal documents, contracts and record systems, SAPS National policies, directives, crime prevention product requests, and information that should protect you? IF SO … congratulations!! –IF NOT! you need to join an Association with a good track record!
THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!